We're more than just a camp!
Join us for a unique summer camp that balances education, exploration and puts fundamental literacy skills at the forefront.
What makes us special?
Summer is a precious time of year in Nova Scotia, and Halifax Learning is honoured to spend it with your child. We are committed to providing an experience that is unlike any other camp in HRM. Our mission is to provide daily opportunities:
- to improve literacy skills with evidence-based instruction
- to be physically active and interactive by exploring our city, and participating in highly structured programs with an emphasis on healthy living
- to engage in free time and self-directed learning
- to connect with nature and be physically active
- to develop friendships and confidence for the upcoming academic year!
A week in the life of a camper:
Just like our SpellRead classes, our summer camp is highly structured, leaving no time to waste. Below is a snapshot of a week at camp:
- 8 hours of SpellRead instruction
- 1 hour of yoga, taught by a certified yoga teacher
- 1 hour of music lessons, taught by a certified Suzuki music teacher
- 1 hour of Speech Language Services
- 2 weekly field trips throughout HRM
- Swimming, crafts, free play and more!
Summer Camp 2018 Highlights
Fill out the form to the right to receive more information about our 2019 Summer Camp.