Our Core Values & Guiding Principles
Our Core Values
The following represent the core values identified by Halifax Learning:
- Science-based literacy evidence guides all actions and decisions.
- We are focused on the pursuit of empowerment and joy in reading.
- We believe that every child and youth should have equitable access to develop efficient literacy and the right to read.
- We are committed to systemic change that is outcome-based.
- Transformational - Forward focused on being better and doing better.
- We are focused on training and coaching teachers in the science of reading and literacy curriculum.
- We are committed to the pursuit of excellence and success in the love of reading.
- Integrity – We believe in the veracity of our program and behave with honesty, truthfulness and respect in our words and actions.
- Transparency – Our classes are open and our results are published for parents, researchers, and the community.
- Growth – Fosters incremental growth of HLC and of our community.
- Resilience – Our students may have to overcome multiple challenges and we support them along the way.
- Advocacy – We partner with individuals, groups, and organizations to initiate and support change in education.
Our Guiding Principles
For Our Clients we will:
- Behave with integrity.
- Be transparent, genuine, and authentic.
- Demonstrate empathy and remain professional.
- Commit to their success of achieving all areas of literacy at or above grade level.
- Provide a gold standard of programming and support.
For Our Team we will:
- Be adaptable and flexible.
- Share all resources, information, and tools to support their success.
- Listen to and support their ideas.
- Support creativity and innovation.
For Our Communities we will:
- Align with experts and science and we commit to staying on the cutting edge.
- Work relentlessly to make the science of literacy accessible to all children and youth.
- Celebrate and promote the success of learners.
For Our Partners we will:
- Work collaboratively.
- Be responsive and open in our communications.
- Value suggestions and feedback.
- Share information and resources to support mutual success.
- Appreciate the expertise brought to us.
- Look for ways to add value.